Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Minimum Operating Cost for A Web Site

Hi,

One year passed by, and I need to renew my domain name and also transfer my web hosting to another one as I have been given the first year free web hosting by the IM Workshop company. So the minimum operating cost to maintain a paid web hosting site should be as follows :

* Domain name USD 10 per year
* Web Host USD 8 per mth

So the total is at least USD ( 10 + 8 x 12 ) = USD106 a year

Of course, if you use Blogger and it is FREE then no cost at all but I have a paid hosted site and 6 sites on Blogger too.

The Gurus will recommend a paid web hosted site using WordPress as it is more flexible and more plugins, etc........

Though I am making income from both types of sites, I am still reluctant to sink in too much cost unless I have a good niche product to sell so I have been experimenting a lot using Blogger FREE site instead and there are limitations.

So if you are new to IM, I hope the above give you some ideas on the operating cost which is still so much cheaper than a physical shop business as the rental and physical goods will be a huge capital to handle.

I have already renewed my domain name and also going to use Hostgator as it is highly recommended. I am using namesecure for registering my domain name so you may want to check it out too as I have no problem with them to-date.

I am now looking into how to back up my databases or files etc for transfer from the old to new web hosting server.

Of course, you can do Affiliate Marketing without a web site so your operating cost could be ZERO if you choose to start on this business model first.

But I think it could be tougher and logically, it is just too good to be true that you need not even come out with some small capital to make money....???

Take care!

Dave

No comments: