Saturday, September 20, 2008

My 1st Anniversary in Internet Marketing Business

Hi,

24 Sept last year, my friend & I started our first IM workshop and subscribed to our first domain name during the session. Time flies and we met yesterday to celebrate our 1st anniversary in our Internet Marketing business.

While we attended the same workshop together, we have our own ideas and approaches. Though initially, he suggested that we be partners and consolidate our resources to start an IM business but I was not interested as I like to do it my way.....!

So where do we stand today?

Both of us choose different product to work on, naturally. He chose a product that he has no experience on but reckon that people would like it as it is helping them to make $$ but I chose a product that is more of a hobby ( that I am familiar with ).

Looking back, he has chosen a better product that appeals to the public or customers whereas I have chosen a popular but maybe too competitive product to sell.

Other than the paid website using WordPress with the same theme that we used in our IM workshop and using the same domain name for our respective product, I also build another 6 blogs using Blogger ( which is FREE! ) and tried other techniques in traffic generation, etc....

Comparing notes yesterday, I definitely have put in more efforts and did more as I have a bit more time than him to pursue our IM business and we both have made some $$ from Adsense and Affiliate Marketing.

However, he did better in both areas as he has a more saleable or attractive product that the public wants. His earnings is 10 times more than mine...!!!

SO the conclusion from this experience is that choosing the right niche product is very important even if you are not familiar with it.

I have researched on how to choose a niche product and there are a few tools out there to look at trends, searches in Google, Yahoo, etc..... Also, read some reports by IM gurus.

There is no hard and fast rule and it is still a gut feel or taking your chances and a fair bit of luck, in my opinion.

However, after buying the Micro Niche Finder software tool, I find it more helpful and traffic generation is easier too as I am more conscious of the keyword to use, etc....

So my plan of action for the coming months is to search for a few niche products using what I have learned from a report and with the niche finder tool, I aim to generate higher earnings by targetting the right customer segment or market out there.

Adsense earnings sholuld continue with continuous postings to my sites by maintaining a constant or increasing traffic to my current sites.

So Stay Focus, Plan & Do It...!

Dave

No comments: