Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Be A Member of Forums or Communities To Drive Traffic

Hi,

Besides putting videos on your site, you can also join related forums or communities and participate in their discussions etc....

But it really helps if you are genuinely interested in the topics or areas of interest...

It is also very time consuming as you have to log into the forums and try to say something sensible and not always pushing your website or product. Otherwise, you may be told off or to leave the forum or community.

I am a member of a few communities that I have some interest so it is more tolerable and I get lots of emails daily. At times, I just browse through them or delete them without reading them.

However, I did get some useful info and learned a thing or two from the members as they are genuinely willing to share their info and experiences in those areas.

I do get lucky and on a few occassions, I could also share what I know and direct them to my sites. But I am sincere about it so it helps else you may look like a saleman or a hypocrite..!

In fact, I think one of my sites suddenly got very heavy traffic and it is the 2nd highest Adsense income source now, very much to my surprise!

So if you could find a relevant forum or community to join, you may want to try out this approach.

Good luck!

Dave

No comments: