Sunday, August 3, 2008

Internet Marketer - A Serious Vocation

Hi,

Before you jump into becoming an Internet Marketer, I must caution you that being an Internet Marketer is a serious and not easy job and definitely, you have to work hard for the $$ to come in.

In fact, working hard is no guarantee for money to come into your pockets too!

It is just like any other businesses out there...!

Why do I say that when you see the advertisements on how easy it is to make thousands of dollars a month or when Internet Marketing gurus wanting to teach you or mentor you in this business venture?

A handful of us will make it and many will not, I believe. Just like any other businesses out there; eg. sports shop, restaurants, drinks stalls like bubble tea,...

First of all, you must have something to sell to your potential customers out there!

Even if you want to do affiliate marketing, ie selling other people products for a commission, you must choose the right product that people want and you are also competing with other affiliate marketers who are more established than you.

SO you must be wondering then why I am still continuing as an Internet Marketer?

Firstly, I believe that doing business through the Internet is the right way to venture into business. Even today, a lot of established companies have to make their presence known in the Internet, a space they cannot ignored.

Secondly, I can work from the comfort of my home whether it is full-time or part-time basis. Even when I was holidaying in Australia last month, I was able to gain access to the Internet and continue with my business. It is running 7x24 even when I am sleeping and my customers are worldwide; ie when I sleep, other people in the world are waking up and they can access my blogs or websites; unlike a physical shop where I need to open and man the shop.

Thirdly, the capital setup and running cost are low or manageable. The risk is low. So if it is not successful, I just closed my Internet accounts. This is assuming that you did not throw in a lot of money to oursource your work; eg paying professional writers and web designers to maintain your websites, etc...

Lastly, I have interest and passion to become an Internet Marketer. This is very important as it will see you through when things are not working but you are still enjoying your Interneting Marketing work. Also, it may help if you set realistic goals and aim for it.

I shared the above with my siblings and a few friends on how attractive the Internet Marketing opportunities are available but they did not have the interest and passion for it so they did not even bother to find out more or give it a try.

I do not blame them as it does requires a lot of hard work too and I cannot guarantee that the money will come in a few months' time.

So my dear friend, I hope you get what I am trying to share with you. If you are looking for quick business opportunity and easy money in becoming an Internet Marketer, think about it again.

But for those who are still keen and prepared to go down this journey, I will share with you some of the business models that I have tried and hopefully, it will shorten your learning curve and help you achieve your realistic goals faster.

You may wonder why am I doing this?

Well, I have this philosophy of sharing what I know as I have never felt threaten by anyone that could do better than me or be more successful.

Besides, knowing the business models or the processes will not take you there as ultimately, you must find a niche market or product to sell.

Good luck to us, up and coming Internet Marketers!

Dave

No comments: