Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Reading Emails Can Be Unproductive !

Hi,

I thought I should share with you this simple unproductive habit of ours which we may not noticed.

I spend at least 1/2 hour reading emails daily and this mean it will also eat into my Internet Marketing time.... I should be working on it and generating traffic and income instead..right?

I used to almost read emails every hour in the office until I told myself to only read them 4 times a day; eg start of work in the morning, before and after lunch, and finally at the end of the day.

Then when I reach home, I log on to my PC and read my personal emails from friends, family and Internet Marketing subscriptions.....

The trick or tip is to prioritise your emails and choose to read what are important to you and worth your time as you are likely to have 1 to 2 hours in the evening only. Please do not forget to spend time with you love ones at home; be it your parents, spouse or kids!

I used to subscribe to quite a few IM subscriptions and I now filter them to Junk mail or moved to a folder for future reference.

What do I mean?

Some subscriptions or most of them can be unsubscribed so please do so after you realise that you do not need it. For the others that I cannot control, I set them to be blocked and auto-move to Junk mail.

But the unfortunate thing is that I dare not auto-delete the junk mail folder as there are times I have valid emails that were filtered wrongly by the system or Outlook software. So I still browse thro' it fairly fast as it could be an average of 50+ junk emails a day!

Now for those emails still in the Inbox, after reading those from family and friends, I will only read those subscriptions emails that are relevant to the IM project that I am working on and move the rest to a folder for later reading ( or when I am working on that topic or area of interest ).

Am I making sense to you?

Anyway, just mind your time as when you sign up for a lot of freebies from the Internet Marketers, they have you on their email lists and they will bombard you with emails and promote their products to you. Some can be genuine stuff that you are interested so you may still have to sieve thro' them.

But you know what?

I hate those emails that attract my attention by saying it is valid for 24 hours only or only a few copies left etc..... After some time, I realize that it is just a sale tactic to get you excited and force you to jump into it ......

So beware of how you spend your precious time and reading emails can really be very unproductive.....

I am still facing this challenge though I believe I have improved a lot since last Dec...

Stay Focus, Plan and Do It..!

Dave

No comments: