Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Internet Marketer Workshop

Hi,

So what did we learn in the Internet Marketer workshop that was held in one weekday evening and one full day on Saturday?

There were about 10 sessions, I think.

We covered the following topics :

- Domain name
- Web Hosting
- Blogger
- Wordpress
- Adsense
- Adwords
- Private Label Rights (PLR)
- Ezine articles
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Traffic generation techniques
- Affiliate Marketing
- ClickBank, Commission Junction, etc...
- .......

I am just giving you a idea of the coverage but some are just talk about only whereas some were actually hands-on and if you worked on it during and after the workshop, you could actually see the outcome of your efforts ( ie. outcome refers to something tangible or visible that you have created on the Internet and not immediate income).

Importantly, if you followed closely to the workshop and did your homework like me, there would be some reasonable outcome. I actually was very prpepared for the workshop by thinking of what product or industry that I would want to explore and I used it during the workshop.

As a result, the blog and website have been maintained till today and I have built it up to 500+ postings and have a Page Rank of 2 by Google, which is pretty good but being in a very competitive industry, I am making very little money from it!

During the workshop, so many business models or approaches were introduced and one could get lost and stuck. Some started to feel the heat and complained that so much work required and no guarantee to see the money coming in.

Yes, this is just like any other business out there and there is no magic bullet!

So you must stay focus and learn as much as you can and then just work hard on it. If I may borrow Nike slogan, Just Do It!

And once you have done it, it does not seems so difficult. What you do not know, it is always difficult.

I strongly suggest that you choose a product or market that you are familiar with to start your first blog or website and take it as a learning period before you embark on a more income generating niche. It would make the journey more bearable.

I started on a market that I am interested in or have some experience and now looking for a more income inclined niche or what the potential customers out there want.

As suggested by my instructor, I should be promoting what the public want and not what I like or enjoy doing; eg if there is a market or great interest in Wii gaming then I should work on it even if I am not into in such gaming.

So food for thought?

You may be trained to set up a blog or website and have some knowledge in SEO etc.... but what is your niche product or market?

Regards,

Dave

No comments: