Thursday, August 21, 2008

Traffic Generation

Hi,

I have been busy recovering my notebook to working condition over the past few days and still watching the Olympics too....

Anyway, back to my IM Journey again!

I spent the initial months just building up my website and did not pay much attention to income generation etc.....

What do I mean?

Well, after setting up the foundation of the website ( ie registering a name and domain, etc...), I spent almost every other day if not daily just extracting Ezines articels and posting them into my website.

I could be posting as many as 10 articles at one time as I believe that I need to build up my site with content else no one would visit it.

CONTENT is KING !

Because I choose a product that I was interested, I actually read all the articles and learned a lot in the process too. Otherwise, it would have been very boring and tedious as I could be doing this for an hour or two late into the night.

It was only in March, after 4 months of building my contents, that I started to seriously looking into how to get traffic into my website.

It was then that I refer to Atomic Blogging and the very expensive IM programme that I bought in Dec for guidance. Some of the techniques were Article Marketing, social networking, registering my website,....

If you are using WordPress in a paid host server environment, you should be using Cpanel to monitor the traffic else you can use a free statistic tracker like StatCounter, refer to the right column where I have Unique Visitor figures shown. You can also request for a weekly and monthly report sent to you through email.

The challenge is really to get lots of traffic and then hope for conversion to some sale or Adsense income. Monitoring the traffic statistics is exciting and can be stressful too...!

Then you may want to finetune your website here and there and see if it helps in the traffic generation.


Here are my statistics for one site and I have the highest figure in Mar and I tried to push it the following months but it did not happened. I took 2 weeks off for an overseas holiday in Jun though I still managed to do some postings as we are doing business on the Internet so it is 7x24 and anywhere anytime as long as you have access to the Internet. But I lost some momentum though!

I am now starting to push again and trying some new techniques too...... and reviewing what I have been doing all these months.... This is one of the reasons I am writing this blog as I am also appraising my efforts as I recollect what I have been working all the past months.

So my friend, I hope you have found the information I have been sharing with you useful and I am planning and working on my next move to generate more income.

Take care!

Dave

No comments: